We're headed into week 30 which means I am starting to feel like we need to get things organized. (I have a need to plan and put things in place far before the deadline... weird, I know.)
We went down to Houston the weekend before Halloween and had an amazing time with friends and family. On Saturday, Sean and I made the drive to College Station with a couple great pals to watch the Aggies lose to the Tiger (Mizzou). Even though the game was a bust, we had a fun time driving around BCS and seeing how much it had changed since we were there last (9 years ago!). On Sunday, my dad and stepmom hosted an amazing luncheon/baby shower at Perry's Steakhouse. The food was incredible and it was so nice to have a celebration with old friends. Sunday night, my mom and stepdad had a smaller gathering at her house for some family and neighbors. My stepdad, Greg (who hails from New Orleans), made an amazing Cajun dinner.
After that, I stayed in Houston to work for the week. It was nice to not have to fly home right away and to have my last major work trip before baby arrives be to my hometown.
This weekend, Sean and I have been really productive around the house. We, well, he mostly, finished two major projects. The first was a little something that we thought up given our limited space.... we turned our bedroom bookshelf into a baby armoire:
We were blessed with tons of hand-me-down and new clothes while we were in Houston, so it's nice to be able to hang them up and see our little one's first closet! Sean said that she'll probably start taking over his closet pretty soon- he might be right...
Next, we finished painting, sanding, and assembling the IKEA changing table that we bought last month. It was a lot of work and did not encourage us to get started on the crib right away (we still have a couple of coats of paint to go on that thing...).
Baby girl has been moving A LOT over the last couple of weeks. It's been really cool to have Sean actually see and feel my belly move so frequently. One morning, after I woke up on my left side, I turned over and she was all squished on my right side. My belly looked so strange all piled up on the right side. She evened out once I stood up, but it sure did make us laugh at how alien-like this process really seems.
We started Lamaze class last week, which is another huge milestone. I hope we'll be able to meet some people through the class- there are about 8 other couples. The class is only 4 weeks long, so hopefully it'll be a quick bonding experience. We're attending class around the corner from our house at this cute bookstore called The Potter's House. It's funded by a group of churches who focus on social justice issues- which I think is really cool.
Last thing- kind of random- while at Target on Saturday morning, I started to feel lightheaded. So much so that after sitting for a while, I still felt like I needed to lie down. So.... I did. Right there in the middle of the DC USA Target cafeteria. It was really embarrassing because I was totally coherent and knew that doing so would cause a lot of attention. All that mattered to me in the moment was that I knew if I got horizontal the feeling would pass. Poor Sean had no idea what to do, especially since I was talking and acting normal. The Target police staff and a couple of nice employees came over to offer assistance, but at that point I felt good enough to stand up and walk to the car. After coming home and lying down, we took my BP and it was pretty low for me... not sure if that was the cause or not. We'll be going to the doctor this week, so I'll be sure to let them know. Thankfully, I never passed out. I also googled "lightheadedness" and found out that it can be a common symptom while pregnant. Whether or not it's common, it sure was scary.
Whew! That's it for now. Lots more memories to be made as we count the final 10 weeks down!
After that, I stayed in Houston to work for the week. It was nice to not have to fly home right away and to have my last major work trip before baby arrives be to my hometown.
This weekend, Sean and I have been really productive around the house. We, well, he mostly, finished two major projects. The first was a little something that we thought up given our limited space.... we turned our bedroom bookshelf into a baby armoire:
We were blessed with tons of hand-me-down and new clothes while we were in Houston, so it's nice to be able to hang them up and see our little one's first closet! Sean said that she'll probably start taking over his closet pretty soon- he might be right...
Next, we finished painting, sanding, and assembling the IKEA changing table that we bought last month. It was a lot of work and did not encourage us to get started on the crib right away (we still have a couple of coats of paint to go on that thing...).
Baby girl has been moving A LOT over the last couple of weeks. It's been really cool to have Sean actually see and feel my belly move so frequently. One morning, after I woke up on my left side, I turned over and she was all squished on my right side. My belly looked so strange all piled up on the right side. She evened out once I stood up, but it sure did make us laugh at how alien-like this process really seems.
We started Lamaze class last week, which is another huge milestone. I hope we'll be able to meet some people through the class- there are about 8 other couples. The class is only 4 weeks long, so hopefully it'll be a quick bonding experience. We're attending class around the corner from our house at this cute bookstore called The Potter's House. It's funded by a group of churches who focus on social justice issues- which I think is really cool.
Last thing- kind of random- while at Target on Saturday morning, I started to feel lightheaded. So much so that after sitting for a while, I still felt like I needed to lie down. So.... I did. Right there in the middle of the DC USA Target cafeteria. It was really embarrassing because I was totally coherent and knew that doing so would cause a lot of attention. All that mattered to me in the moment was that I knew if I got horizontal the feeling would pass. Poor Sean had no idea what to do, especially since I was talking and acting normal. The Target police staff and a couple of nice employees came over to offer assistance, but at that point I felt good enough to stand up and walk to the car. After coming home and lying down, we took my BP and it was pretty low for me... not sure if that was the cause or not. We'll be going to the doctor this week, so I'll be sure to let them know. Thankfully, I never passed out. I also googled "lightheadedness" and found out that it can be a common symptom while pregnant. Whether or not it's common, it sure was scary.
Whew! That's it for now. Lots more memories to be made as we count the final 10 weeks down!
