Man, we've been busy having adventures- and we've been so blessed! All the while, however, in the back of our minds we've been contemplating starting a family and what it would look like to finally settle down. It's hard- for me- being comfortable packing up and moving every year and a half or so, to think about putting down roots and saying, "OK, this is it- this is where we're going to be." At the same time, the idea of finally "being" evokes so much peace in my heart and mind. I'm ready for that- now all I wonder is, "where will we finally be?" Right now, I don't know. Sean and I need to be in DC for another year and a half or so, and I'm sure we'll make a decision based on job opportunities and family.
Moving decisions aside, we're about to start on another adventure, one that we've wanted to take for some time. This is an adventure that I imagine will make us happy "being" wherever we are at this moment in time....
Two days ago, I took a home pregnancy test. Yep, that's right. POSITIVE! I almost couldn't believe it (we were lucky and hadn't been trying for that long). We are still VERY early into it (only 4 weeks and 1 day as I type this), but I wanted to start to chronicle what we're going through so that when we finally make this blog public, our family & friends will be able to have a sneak peak back to our little secret.
![]() |
| 16 May 2011 |
As far as how I'm feeling... Emotionally: kinda shocked, excited, anxious, happy, thankful. Hopeful. Physically: tired, apathetic about eating. No nausea yet, hopefully not ever! The books say that nausea starts about week 6, so we'll see. Today I got on the train to go to work and had to get off at Chinatown and come home. I started feeling really hot and kinda sick to my stomach. Once I got home though, I was fine, but went to bed nonetheless and slept from 8:45AM until 12:40PM. I definitely felt super lazy and hurried myself out of bed once I found out what time it was!!
Anyway, our first doctor's appointment is on 23 June. I was nervous that we couldn't get an appointment until a month from now, but I'm doing the whole prenatal vitamin thing and will just continue walking and staying positive until then. I've also got my trusty Pregnancy for Dummies book, so I think I'm all set. LOL.
Thanks for taking an interest in our life story. We looking forward to growing with you!
