The weather is changing. It's getting cold. I love this time of year for many reasons; one in particular is that I like to wear cute hats, gloves, and coats. This year, however, I can't zip up any of my coats. I've been wearing one of Sean's old Marmot puffer jackets (which I love), but it's starting to get a little tight.
Today my office pals hosted a baby shower for us. It was so sweet, thoughtful, and incredibly generous of them. We really came away with a lot of useful and needed items for our little one. I feel so blessed to work in an environment where personal life events can be shared and celebrated during office hours. We played games, had breakfast, opened gifts, and had raffle prizes. I can't begin to say how appreciative I am to everyone there, especially the 3-4 gals who I know had a large part in putting it together. Oh, my sister even made a really special video, wishing us well, which was played for all to see. It was precious.
In other news, Sean and I have officially decided on a name. I say "officially" because we actually ordered a personalized hat for her over the weekend. The plan is to take a picture of her in the hat and text it to our family so that they can finally know it! Up until now, we've decided not to share it. Not for any particular reason other than it's nice to have it be something that only Sean and I know. It's sweetness to my ears when Sean refers to her by her name- he's even settled on a nickname for her by shortening it. I've come up with a few myself.
We're getting the baby "nook" almost complete. Just need a baby. I'll have to post a picture soon, once we finalize the changing table area. It's pretty amazing how cheap you can get stuff at IKEA. Hopefully it'll last us for as long as we need it. Supposedly kiddos outgrow the changing table around 9-12 months- it's not the same length as the standard changing pad, but it certainly works with our space constraints for the time being.
Sorry for this being so random. Just wanted to get my thoughts down again. We're off to the doctor tomorrow for a sonogram, BPP, OB, and then PCP appointment. It'll be a long afternoon. Here's to hoping I can let go of my blood pressure anxiety. Ugh- it's so frustrating having psycho-somatic issues.