23 December 2011

still a girl

It's the day before Christmas Eve and we have lots to be thankful for.  This morning Sean and I got to see our little gal through another sonogram and she looked amazing!! She's measuring about 6 pounds now, at 35 weeks and 1 day.  They did a biophysical test and we were able to see her practice breathing- babies do this I guess, by "breathing" in amniotic fluid- it helps build their diaphragm and gets them ready to breathe oxygen once they're born and the chord it cut.  It really was amazing to see.

We also confirmed that she's "still a girl."  So many people have asked me recently if I'm "sure" about the gender that I kinda became paranoid.  It's amazing what technology can tell you these days, but I asked for them to look again just because we've already prepared with so much pink. LOL.

My mom and step-dad came up from Texas to be with us for Christmas.  We've gathered out in Bethany Beach, Delaware for the weekend.  Sean and I are so thankful to be out of the city for a bit and that I felt good enough to travel here (it's only about 3 hours from our house in DC).  It's also super special to have family around for the holidays.... we've done Thanksgiving and Christmas alone in the past and it's just not the same.

In other good news, Sean got a call for a job interview on January 5.  It would be so amazing for him to be offered something before he graduates.  It's with a place that he would really enjoy, so I'm praying that if this is actually where the Lord wants him right now, that things would move quickly.

I have to say that I am starting to get (privately) emotional about meeting my daughter.  As she regularly rolls in my belly and kicks me in my right rib, it becomes more real that a little human will soon join us.  There are so many things that I hope for her. That will have to be another post though.... too many thoughts are running through my mind at the moment. Including that I would love to get a good night's sleep tonight.... it's been a while.

Humbled and thankful on this eve of Christmas Eve.