03 January 2012

not long now.


I got to see you move your facial muscles around today during a scan.  You made a really funny face right before we snapped this picture.  It took a while to get you to move your hands out from in front of your face; I think you're going to be just like your dad- sleeping with your hands above your head.  I'm getting more and more excited to meet you and to hold you.  I think I've started to move past the anxiety and fear about the birthing process and into a place of eagerness. You're going to be "full term" in about 48 hours, the day before your dad's 32nd birthday.  Then, only 20 days until the "due date." Maybe you'll come a bit early. Maybe not. Either way, all I want to do until then is stare at this picture and imagine what you're going to be like.

I'm pretty sure I'm already in love with you.