23 March 2012

in bloom

I think I mentioned that Teagan started to smile at us this month, right? 


Seriously, nothing makes me happier than to see her do this. I will work for it. 

Other fun happenings include: 
  • Seeing the elephants from the "greatest show on earth" march to the Verizon Center. It was the first time that they did this parade at night; and it was pretty cool to see elephants in the city street- something I had never seen before.  Sean has though.  He, and our friend Walt, saw a baby elephant being walked down the street in the middle of the night in Bangkok. True story.


Yes, those are clown noses.

  • Going on a five hour walk (I'm not exaggerating) and seeing the cherry blossoms in bloom on their 100th anniversary. The weather was great; it was cloudy and not too hot. Teagan slept pretty much the whole time, until we woke her up to try and take pictures. That didn't work out too well, as you can see... 






In other news, we have begun to interview nannies! It's been quite an experience fielding emails and calls, but I think there are some really good candidates out there, and we are hopeful. We've also maybe found a house for rent (literally next door to some of our friends from Chicago!)- although we are waiting to see it until the landlord paints and puts in new carpet. It's a little bit outside of the city (in Kensington, MD), but still accessible by metro. It's a 3/2 and literally down the street from the neighborhood pool. Just in time for summer! Say a little prayer for us if you think about it- we need a nanny and a house by May. 

And lastly, this is Sean's final weekend before he becomes a federal employee! His first day at DOE is on Monday so you know, we plan on raging this weekend. Ha! It's currently Friday evening and as I type, I am listening to 3 sleeping beauties.... Sean, Teagan, and Clementine, the cat.  Bedtime is at 9PM sharp. We are serious adults now, people.  

PS- Teagan is 2 months old TODAY!!


1 comment:

Melissa Mezger said...

Hey Teagan! I don't know what's the big deal with with all these flowers. My parents are taking me to see the bluebonnets today. They want to take lots of pictures of me smiling, but we will see. Can't wait to meet you soon.

Blair