26 May 2012

sean johnson, juris doctor

It has been a crazy week! In addition to starting back to work full-time, we hosted Sean's family last weekend so that we could celebrate his graduation from law school! We had an awesome 5 days of touring the city and attending the graduation festivities.

Saturday night, GWU rented out the National Air and Space Museum. It was really neat to walk around without feeling overwhelmed by the amount of people there.  In fact, it actually felt somewhat empty, which is crazy because they gave out about 1500 tickets for students and family.... I guess it goes to show just how big that museum really is. The highlight of the night was riding the virtual reality fighter jet. I almost didn't do it (out of fear), because it allows one person to control while the other person shoots. And when I mean control, I mean, they allow you to turn the thing upside down and fly. I decided to do it, with Sean as my pilot, so that I wouldn't regret it... Also, I've been trying to make a conscience effort to not be afraid. I don't want Teags to live in fear the way that I have for a lot of my years...

The graduation ceremony was on Sunday and it was cool to see everyone dressed up but, it was a long long long ceremony, y'all. Sean's sister, Shannon, was such a big help with Teagan during the ceremony, and actually, the entire long weekend. She always knew exactly when I needed a break or a little time to myself to accomplish random tasks around the house. Thanks, Shannon!

I know most people enjoy pictures, so I'll stop here and leave you with them. :)

Johnsons on the Metro!

GWU grad set up on the mall. (This was for the entire university, the law school had a separate cermony.)

Washington Monument.

White House Lawn.

Paying homage to their roots.

Pride.

Visiting the Obamas.

True story: This space craft held the first American to orbit the Earth. Sean's dad has a piece of it at home.

Shannon and Colleen being silly on the mall.

Teagan's new face. An owl sound accompanies it- it's presh.

Candid. We were so hot- thankfully, Potbelly's was across the street.

So proud.

So so proud.

So so so proud.

Where's Mike? These are some of Sean's besties from school.

Photo credit: Shannon Wilde 

I will try to upload more from our camera soon!



No comments: