Life is moving right along, God blessedly. After going back to work for 2 days, it was already time for another weekend!
We had the opportunity to swing by and meet one-month-old baby D, who just happens to live around the corner. Sean and his mom are second cousins. It's so weird for me to see new babies. I remember taking Teags for a walk when she was about 2 weeks old and seeing babies who looked younger than her and thinking, "Wait, what? She's not the youngest human alive anymore?" You see, it kinda feels like time stopped for me when she was born. The more I process it, I think what I really mean to say is that a version of my life that was before, is no longer here. Everything I think about, dream about, involves her. Even things that I dream specifically for myself have some element of, "how will "it" affect T." This is not a bad thing, it's a joyful thing. Our lives are so much more full because of her.
| Baby D. |
Teagan is moving right along, too, learning how to sleep without being swaddled. We were worried that this would be a super hard process, but so far things are progressing nicely, thanks to the convertible woombie. It has buttons for the arm holes so that you can take one arm out at a time. Three nights down, and Teags can sleep like this for about 9.5 hours! Way to go, sweetcakes!!
Teagan attended her very first birthday party this weekend! Sean's colleague from work invited her to his daughter's second birthday party. It was Elmo themed and Teagan had an awesome time just watching all of the adults and kiddos play. When you watch her, you can tell that she wants to be older, or rather, physically able, so that she can get herself into all sorts of fun. Here's a pic of Teags and Dad with the party favor.
The summer heat hasn't let up yet.... I think Saturday's scale topped the charts. As I type this, a storm is rolling in- supposedly it's going to drop 20° for the rest of the week. How nice for it to be in the 80s! I see lots of evening strolls ahead!
This isn't anything new; just a shot I got while we drove across the bridge from VA to DC. Despite doing this so often, I don't think this view ever gets old. It's been a real treat to live in a city with such history.
And, lastly, I just wanted to share this pic of Teags with her new stuffed animal. What's notable about this photo is that she is offering us a new smile. We've noticed her giggle and smile a lot more in the last couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy!
1 comment:
What second cousin had a baby?
Post a Comment